For the Record

89-60-4 v. the spread from 9/15/15 thru 9/26/16.

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

An Introduction

 I have two passions in life. Writing and sports gambling. Those two things consume a fair amount of my time each day.

I don't bet all sports. I'd rather watch paint dry than bet soccer. I dabble in college basketball but I prefer not to bet that sport until the NCAA tournament begins in March.

I confine my betting to NCAA and NFL football, NBA basketball, NHL hockey, and MLB baseball. 

I won't post the amounts that I bet for various reasons. Most of the time, I make flat bets. I bet singles and parlays up to five teams, round robin parlays also.

I can make anywhere from 0-15 bets a day. I never know how many until I am through working on them.

I don't bet every day. There will be days when I just pass.

I spend 2 or 3 hours a day finding plays I like. Things that I can make money on. I am not interested in solely playing favorites and eating a ton of chalk. I look for money line dogs or teams getting points- teams that give me a mathematical edge. Favorites generally don't do that. 

I look for favorable matchups with an edge. Back up goalies in hockey cause me to lean on the "over" or the side. 

My goal is simple. Make more money than I lose. I look for streaks and angles. I've been doing this for 40 years.

I am not going to post a giant analysis for each play. I don't have the time. I have deadlines and I will generally be out the door. These are free picks.

But I promise I will post my best plays here. I am not going to tell you what to bet, how to bet it, or how much. You must do your own due diligence, never bet what you can't freely lose, and eat shit like the rest of us when the Warriors give Steph Curry a day off and announce it sometime after we've made our bets.

I will update my picks with the results. Best of luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment