For the Record

89-60-4 v. the spread from 9/15/15 thru 9/26/16.

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Sports Picks for Jan. 25, 2022

 We hit the Minnesota Wild over 6.5 rather handily yesterday. I play in a contest with deadlines so that was my pick for the day. The Wild at home this year has been money. Last night they scored 8 goals by themselves. Not only do I love hockey but today it's the only game in town.

The NBA looks terrible. I have a couple leans which I will tell you about but that doesn't mean I'm going to wager on them.

The Kings. Sacramento has covered every spread with Boston in the last two years. This spans 6 games. I also hate the way Boston plays...walking down the court every possession. They just remind me of lazy ass non contenders.

Take Sacramento plus 8.5.

My other lean is Dallas. They've been playing great ball and they have beat Golden State 7 out of 9 times dating back to 2019. In their last game, Dallas held Steph Curry to only 13 points so clearly they understand who beats you. Both squads are relatively healthy- GS is a little worse off. 

Take Dallas plus 3.5. They might just win this outright. 

Something tells me Charlotte is going to bounce back over that horrible performance on Sunday night. They are getting 3.5 at Toronto- but I'm just going to watch to see whether they have their shit together again.

NHL

I have the NY Islanders -239 v Philadelphia who have lost 13 straight. I like the under here (5.5) goals as Philly can't score at all.

The sports tout Ricky Trans is taking the Jets against Florida. Last time he picked Winnipeg he lost by 6 goals. Winnipeg used to beat Florida back when Florida was bad and Winnipeg was good. They have reversed roles since then. They have not played each other since 2019. Once again I am siding against Ricky. Panthers -160.

I like the Nashville Predators v Seattle. Seattle beat Nashville in October. I think tonight is payback time. I might even play the puck line and nab +150 or so.

Best of luck. This is a tough day, go easy.

Summary

I really didn't like the NBA yesterday so I made a small two team parlay on the Kings and Dallas. 

Both teams absolutely got waxed. The Kings by 53. The Mavs by 30 something. 

That kind of loss makes you feel like an idiot.

NHL

It was favorite night. All 8 favorites won.

I had scratched the Penguins over which hit. I hit with Predators on the puck line. Florida also beat Winnipeg. Ricky Tran, famous handicapper, hasn't done so well.

The under in the Islanders game was over in the first period really. When I saw that 2-2 score, I felt the doom.

2-3. The Preds +150 on the puck line saved this day from being far worse.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment