For the Record

89-60-4 v. the spread from 9/15/15 thru 9/26/16.

Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Sports Picks for Jan. 20, 2022, w Brilliant Analysis

 NBA

I like the NY Knicks at -2.5. There are no earth-shattering injuries or illnesses on either side. New Orleans just can't get it together on the road. I think the Knicks cover this easily.

The game of the night is Phoenix-Dallas. I'd really like to bet it but I think it's a coinflip. If I were forced and I'm not- I'd probably land on the homies.

The last time Golden State met the Indiana Pacers- it was close the entire way. In fact, the Pacers seem to line up well against Golden State. I hate betting Golden State because I never know when Steph Curry will just take a day off. Based on the last couple meetings, if I were forced, I'd take the Pacers and the 10.5.

So tonight, it's the NY Knicks. I'm gonna pass on the other two.

NHL

I love hockey tonight.

I have four picks which I think are pretty solid.

First up, I like the over in Winnipeg and Nashville Both offenses are better than average and there are no killers in the net. Over 5.5.

I want to bet Dallas but they have been a bowl of suck lately and it would not shock me to see the Sabres whip em. I can't lay big chalk on a team playing this badly.

Edmonton has 6 losses in a row. Ricky Tran, professional handicapper likes 'em. I don't. I can eat a little chalk with Florida. -150

I like San Jose over the Kraken just because I don' think the Kracken are all they are kracked up to be. Taking the fair price here, -105.

Lastly, I like Boston. They've whipped the Caps five times in a row. Boston should be a little pissed after getting their heads handed to them by Carolina. 

So that's it.

NY Knicks -2.5

Boston Bruins -150

Nashville over 5.5, -110.

Florida -150.

San Jose -105.


The Big Summary

The Knicks were horrible. All three road teams won in the NBA Thursday night. Golden State could not even win the game let alone cover (18 !) against Indiana's second string. Golden State is a team I rarely bet. Phoenix game was a great game.

I nailed 3 out of 4 hockey games. I thought I was going to go 4-0 until San Jose slipped late.

Once again, I made a small profit because two of my selections were -150.




No comments:

Post a Comment