For the Record

89-60-4 v. the spread from 9/15/15 thru 9/26/16.

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Sports Picks for Jan. 26, 2022

 I really like today's action in the NBA and the NHL.

Going to do a little analysis here. Let's start with the NHL.

NHL

Sharks v Capitals- Sharks have been solid up until the last 5 games, 4 of which they lost. Caps are on the alternating win loss carousel. The Caps have beaten the Sharks 4 times in a row. I hate laying big chalk but its the Caps or pass.

Very quietly, Anaheim has gone 29 and 15 against the spread. They catch an overrated and underperforming Toronto team. Anaheim just beat two of the best teams in the league, Tampa Bay and Boston. There are a lot worse places to take an underdog stab than here. I am going to try and nab some +235 money here. Anaheim.

Calgary and Columbus. These are two of the most schizophrenic teams in the league. They beat good teams and then lose to crappy ones. Calgary always seems to lose to Canadian teams. Columbus hasn't shown me squat all year except for the beating they put on Carolina. I am playing Calgary on the puck line here. -1.5.

I can't remember the last time I saw Boston at +155. They haven't played Colorado since 2019. Very quietly, the highest scoring team in the league has been under the total for 5 of the last 6 games. I hate trying to beat Boston and Marchand. I bet Boston circled this date. Colorado is taking 73% of the money- I am going to take a stab with the 27%.

NBA

Every once in a while, I have a day where I like a lot of teams. Today is one of those days. 

I like Cleavage at home getting 4 v Milwaukee. They have identical records almost and Cleavage has been covering all year. Taking the points.

The Clippers +1 to Orlando?? Is this a trap?? 

When I saw the Kings today v Atlanta, coming off that 30-point first half last night, I started drooling. I am laying the -9.5 with Atlanta. 

Like the over Memphis v San Antonio. I may take the Grizzlies as well -4.

Last but certainly not least. I often think of the Jazz as a two horse team. Gobert and Mitchell. Tonight both players will be out of action when the best team in the league (a little nicked up too) comes calling. Phoenix has been very sweet to me all year. I have Phoenix -1.5. Wow.

Well there you have it. Let's see how tonite goes.

Summary

I went 1-3 in hockey with both the Ducks and Bruins losing in OT. I skipped the Caps. Won with Calgary.

I went 5-0 in basketball. Lost a heartbreaking over by 1/2 point 228 and 1/2 in the Memphis game.

All in all went 6 and 4, but isolated bets by sports- bet Memp and the over straight up, so I did well.  


 


No comments:

Post a Comment