For the Record

89-60-4 v. the spread from 9/15/15 thru 9/26/16.

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Sports Picks for Jan., 29, 2022

 I hate making a bet- on what I think will be a competitive game- only to get my ass kicked. 

That happened last night in the Capitals-Stars game. The Stars looked great until they dropped the first puck. Getting your ass kicked on home ice has to be embarrassing. Teams generally bounce back from those things and administer an ass kicking of their own next time out.

I don't like a lot today. 

NBA

Memphis -5.5.

New Orleans +190 M/L (Boston hasn't exactly been world beaters, not the worst spot to take a 2 for 1 shot)


NHL

Toronto -1.5 (+105)

Vancouver +165

(Do you remember when I told you Calgary beats the hell out of US teams and finds a way to lose to Canadian ones)

I want to show you an absolute piece of garbage I clipped from a betting service. This is a quote on the Boston v Pelican game. It is nonsense. Boston has lost 3 out of 5 games beating two horrible teams. I hope this is not the kind of shit people are reading and betting on. I believe the author cut and pasted this from some other point in time- because they are actually too lazy to do any work or write. This is on a place I frequent called "sports chat place"

Both teams on the end of a back to back, the home team should usually have the edge here. However, the New Orleans Pelicans are struggling against good teams and Ingram is still banged up. The Boston Celtics are playing some of their best ball of the season, and that includes winning their last five games by an average of 10.6 points. The Celtics are starting to string something together. I’ll lay the reasonable chalk.

Summary

I had a split day, winning two and losing two. Toronto scored 5 goals in the third period to cover the puck line. Vancouver took Calgary all the way to over time but lost. The Grizzlies just keep rolling along.


No comments:

Post a Comment