For the Record

89-60-4 v. the spread from 9/15/15 thru 9/26/16.

Sunday, January 30, 2022

Sports Picks for Jan., 30, 2022

 NFL

I took both favorites today. I should also note that KC was beaten by Cincy in the regular season. The same is true for LA. San Francisco has beaten them 6 times in a row.

Cincy is getting 7 points and San Francisco is getting 4, more or less.

Thus both favorites have already been beaten by their opponents. But this is the AFC and NFC championship. Home teams rarely lose these games.

From a betting standpoint- there is no edge here. I wouldn't even bet these games if it were not a 40 year tradition of mine.

Many years ago in Las Vegas, I was playing poker at the Rio during one of the AFC-NFC title games. Next to me was a man who was clearly distracted- so much so that he was holding up the game. Finally, in a huff, I asked him if had something bet on the game that was preventing him from playing cards. He reached into his shirt pocket, pulled out two betting slips, and handed them to me. He had bet each game for 55,000. I handed the slips back. Not one word was spoken by either of us. He won both games.

NHL

The Wild are just killing it. Play on the Wild about -135 favorites at the Islanders.

NBA

I have two injury plays.

The Timberwolves are finally home. Utah is still missing the two headed hydra of Gobert and Mitchell. This seems like a no brainer and is probably my favorite play. Take Minnesota -1.

The other is Phoenix. The Suns are at home playing the Spurs and giving a lot of points. They are -13.5 favorites which seems terribly high except that San Antonio's best players are all out with injuries. So this becomes a "how good is your bench?" 

I don't know. But I do know that SA ain't that good to begin with- and if all of their starters were playing- they'd still be 8-10 point dogs. Can I give an extra 4? Yes.

Best of luck.

Summary

Went 2-3 today. KC 21-3 at the half, never scored another point until it was too late, and lost.

LA played like predictable little girls and eked out a win.

Well, at least we know the SA bench ain't all bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment