For the Record

89-60-4 v. the spread from 9/15/15 thru 9/26/16.

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Sports Picks for Feb.1, 2022

NBA

Golden State at San Antonio

I looked at the previous meeting between these two teams. Not only did San Antonio out shoot GS- they did so on both sides of the arc. Bear in mind that GS has the number #1 ranked defense.

Still at -2...this is a bit of a head scratcher. Revenge minded GS. Not betting the farm but certainly can't take the Spurs.


Denver +4.5 at Minnesota

Denver has beaten Minnesota 9 out of 10 times. The last time these teams met, Minnesota got the best of it. However, Denver has won 5 in a row, 4 on the road, and just kicked Milwaukee's ass pretty badly. I am going with the hot hand here, +4.5, maybe grab the money line at + 170 if I can get it.


NHL

Winnipeg -145 at the Flyers. The Flyers finally won a game after 13 losses. I am going to bet they can't get two in a row.

Ottawa at the Islanders. Two teams that can't score. Under 5.5.

Vancouver at Nashville. I'm going to try Vancouver again in a tough spot, +155 seems a little too juicy.

Calgary at Dallas. Dallas has owned Calgary for years. Dallas is my schizo team but I'm going to stab again.

Buffalo at Vegas. Buffalo isn't very good but I have noticed a few cracks in the Vegas squad. Vegas beats teams by one. I am going to play Buffalo on the puck line +1.5 for +135.

Best of luck!

Summary

Took a beating. Went 2-5, the exact opposite of yesterday. Dallas Stars once again found a way to lose. Up 3-1 when the 3rd period started, they gave up 3 goals in a row. I should never bet the Stars. They are the team that fails me nearly every time. Buffalo took a beating from the start. Winnipeg, plumbing ever deeper depths, found a way to lose to Philadelphia.






No comments:

Post a Comment